October 07, 2014

My Babies



Man, being a mother is the best thing that could ever have happened to me. I mean that.
I mean it like I mean most things I say, but more so. I am thriving.
Maybe it's the happy pills, but this time I think it's not. This time I think I'll keep taking them and consider it staying healthy... because there are three very good reasons to stay healthy. Three people for whom I care a great deal.
And that guy I married.
He's kind of the reason I have all this.
I should probably start loving him better.
So, I read this Bible verse every day. It's on my desk on a little card holder that holds a stack of my co-worker's favorite verses. I think you should really only have a handful of favorite verses, because really how many can you really connect to, but this lady has 365.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 - "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
This is helping me love in a greater way, a way beyond myself. And this has been a very good thing.

I am making pottery again. Four pieces. For nice pieces. I have about 12 to be bisque fired and probably 8 at the shop to be glazed. If I get my panties unclenched, I might make it down there and get some sold for Christmas money or Christmas presents. We're talking about giving this year instead of getting. We're considering what it will take to buy a used van in better shape than ours which was gifted to us. We are so lucky. We are so blessed. I need to be dishing the blessings out left and right this year to make up for what 2014 was for me. I want to do that. I am trying hard to do it.

Girl Scouts is going along very well. My Vivi has shown me just how important it is to her. Her behavior had gotten out of control. My emotional little Cancer was showing her ass at every turn and basically being as nasty as she could to everybody. We held her priorities over her and she responded. I am so proud of her. And I am so proud that what I have done for her (and myself) is actually important to her. So, we added about six girls to the troop and I am following through by pre-planning meetings and figuring out what badges we can earn and how to do it in a fun, engaging way. It has been rewarding. I am grateful for Girl Scouts.

My husband is a rock star. The band has the capacity to go much farther than this small town. I am proud of him, I am excited to be married to him, and I am committed to him playing as much as he can. The timing is right.

I'm done dishing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...