April 25, 2014

Gestational Diabetes

I've monitored my blood sugar levels for 22 days now. Just two days ago I learned how to actually manage the food and sugar intake that goes into my body. It is incredibly frustrating to know that what I am choosing to eat is causing risk for Elliott. I lost confidence in my midwife and transferred all my records to Dr. Campbell in Lexington. It looks like Elliott will be making his debut in Lexington, rather than here at home. There were a lot of factors that went into making that decision, but it feels so whiney to hash it all out again that I won't. I will say that I feel like I finally stood for myself. I'm beginning to feel very maternal... and very pregnant.

Kale is helping to get the house together. Day by day we are making changes. I am hoping that this weekend we will have our room ready for the crib. Next weekend is our baby shower and Genevieve is so excited. I am grateful for God's timing in our lives, that we chose to put off having a baby too soon, and that when we opened that door up God chose to do it now.

We're getting ready for you, Elliott.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...