October 14, 2013

Boots Talk: Journal Entry

A few thoughts for me for today.

I like Pinterest.
I like cooking. I really enjoyed the meal Kale made for us on Saturday. He cooked greens, shrimp and ocra and onions, and beans. It was soul food. It was delicious.
I want to make beans and rice soon. Need a hamhock.
Ready for Halloween to be over so that my husband can focus on something, anything other than Hostile Plant Home Invasion. The house is consumed by his brain and it is very hard to live in. So cluttered, so dusty and piled with ideas in various stages of completion.
I am so excited that Trent and Anna are moving to Kentucky. I pray that their transition is smooth and exciting for them. They are coming November 1 and we're thrilled.
Not exactly desperately, but trying to get our finances back on track. Pay this, pay this, don't pay that, pay this... Living paycheck to paycheck is so difficult. I want to reap the bounty. There is no bounty. I don't know what we're going to do for Christmas this year.

Ways to make extra money:
Invest time and money in pottery. Make, Fire, Glaze, Fire, SELL. This will take little and bring in a lot.
Sell things. Start selling things and piling cash for Christmas.
Make things. Start looking into what we can make and give.
Downsize our idealization of what Christmas is to be. What matters? What does not?

We need to buy for: the kids, our parents, trent and anna, our nieces and nephews.
We need to make for: our uncles and aunts, our extended family and friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...